Learning to Read Tarot Cards
Some Basic Advice about Reading Tarot
Tarot Card Meanings
Learning Tarot is Like Learning a Language
The key to successfully reading tarot is found in honest study and honing your natural intuition. You know that feeling you get ďin your gutĒ sometimes that no one can really explain? To be able to effectively interpret a tarot spread, you have to trust your gut. Doing so will probably take some practice. When looked at this way we see that tarot is more than just rote memorization of card meanings. It also involves confidence, trust, and dedication. Most Tarot enthusiasts meditate regularly to become more adept at hearing and understanding their subconscious minds.
Learn the Symbols, Listen to Your Heart
Learn the Symbols
Listen to Your Heart
- Get a pencil and piece of paper. Youíre about to start your tarot journal.
- Pull a card from your tarot deck. Any card will do.
- Now look at it. Donít worry about its divinatory meaning or understanding its symbolism. Just look at it. Let the cardís imagery draw you in.
- What do you feel? Can you describe the colors? Does the image remind of you something ó a feeling, a dream, a person, a memory? Whatís the first thing that pops into your mind?
- Before you forget the sensation, write down which card you pulled and your initial reactions to it.
Last Updated: 23 October 2015